BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

for him

two years
711 days
and one email lost among 833
were all that lingered
like the tears that so easily,
so languidly,
so passionately
grace the presence of my waiting
lashes &
lips.
those brief moments
stood full of promise
love in vitro
maturing untouched
unsullied
no too soon sex
to mar what is so clear
no voice,
opinions to darken what
God
has made light as air.
your love sings to me
rests in my hair and on my lips.
distance makes us laugh;
it has no stronghold
a fortress of praise
gratitude
& the future instead buttresses &
taunts miles
emails
texts
subliminal messages.
so much left to say

& there is no for need to say
anything.
quickened heartbeats
locked eyes
trembling hands
whispers
secret words
we know
God knows.
strength u have wrapped around me
sincerity i have laid at your feet.
honor
dedication
faithfulness
i hold these gifts not in my hands
instead beyond
the shallowness of word
in the secret place they dwell;
healing places that i dared not touch myself
rubbing scars until the numbness
awakens
then pain
then joy
and i cannot wait
and i will wait.
your promises

are not promises
but gifts etched

two souls
two hearts
one love