BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

on him, hurt, and growing up...

love yourself. don't ever believe, like i have, that you aren't deserving of every good and perfect gift. God made you in His image, so please know that u are beautiful, wonderful, special and worthy!

i allowed others and situations to make me feel that i wasn't good enough to deserve true contentment and peace. i based my feelings for myself on what others thought of me, or worse still, what i imagined they thought of me. not pretty. too fat. too emotional. too passive. instead i denied myself the pleasure of being all of the good that is me - kind, loving, selfless, determined, smart, witty, and dedicated.

i am angry at myself for abusing myself. that is why i am sharing how i feel now, because i know i am not alone. but these things, negative and difficult, are just for a season. we learn and grow from the difficulties of being fallible. it is the path to enlightenment, salvation, and self acceptance.

perfection isn't necessary in my mind; i just strive to be more and more of what He would have me to be each day and watch the blessings of God show up in time, His time.

my birthday was two weeks ago, but dee grew up a little more today. i am hurt but it will pass and i will look back and think, well i made it through that just fine. i am thankful to God for the process. He is doing a great work in me.

from a late blooming ever-evolving flower...namaste and be blessed!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for saying that.